Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ironman Vineman 70.3 2014

Well Vineman 70.3 did not quite go to plan and adding my name to the winners trophy for a 2nd time did not turn out but as always I enjoyed the day and a huge congratulations must go out to the race crew on putting on another first class event.

With a front "blow out" that went off like a shot gun about 1hr 20mins in the race for the win was over as I watched the front bunch of 6 roll away. Not wanting to waste the day I changed the flat collected my rubbish and got back on to get a solid day in of swim, bike and running in the bank for the next event the North American Ironman Championships in Mont-Tremblant Canada where I will try to defend my title from 2013.

Although the day did not go to plan please see below a short clip of the days event.

https://vimeo.com/101367204

Best
Luke

No comments: