Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"Back on the horse"

Due to the incident during Ironman Western Australia late last year during the bike portion where an altercation with a media motorbike resulted in knee surgery early in the year. It is now nice to be bouncing back all be it later in the Australian summer than hoped, (missing Ironman Melbourne - home event) and gearing up for Ironman Australia in Port Macquarie.

Although the preparation has not been 100% due to rehab, I can say that I have been able to do as much training as possible that my body would allow me. That means I am heading into Ironman Australia (as defending champion) in the best position I can be under the circumstances, or cards dealt.

I am very much looking forward to getting back on the start line, feeling those nerves pre race and just "letting go" once the gun goes off.

We train to race and race because we love it.
Best
Luke :)

No comments: