Monday, April 7, 2014

March Madness

The past month has been a little like the college basketball in the US, "March Madness" I was great to have the opportunity to ride with Jensen Button and also be a part of Ironman Melbourne where some amazing racing took place. The only downer was I was on the other side of the fence helping with the media side of things.

It has come time to get back on the horse and with the knee coming around post surgery I have signed up to Ironman Australia to head back and get the 2014 seasons going. Being the defending champion it is always nice to head back... to be able to defend on minimal training well we will have to wait and see how things end up in May. I have done as much training possible as my body would allow me to do.

Having some down time also has allowed me to hang out with sponsors more and do things that would not normally be possible or not have the time to do. We have headed away camping and just getting out doors doing other activities. I was also lucky enough through Oakley to attend a drive day with the Jack Daniels Racing Team (V8 Supercars) and thanks to Rick Kelly got to hang on and rip around a few "hot laps"

I look forward now to a few more weeks at home before heading to Ironman Australia early May then heading back to San Diego the home away from home for the summer.

Some easy miles with Jensen and the boys. 























No comments: